Hilo oficial del Bitcoin (VIII)

Estado
No está abierto para más respuestas.
El bloque 370661 también ha sido minado con el flag de XT (el pool Slush otra vez).

Llevamos 2:

#370661 Slush
#370434 Slush

Solo los usuarios registrados pueden ver el contenido de este tema, mientras tanto puedes ver el primer y el último mensaje de cada página.

Regístrate gratuitamente aquí para poder ver los mensajes y participar en el foro. No utilizaremos tu email para fines comerciales.

Únete al mayor foro de economía de España

Solo los usuarios registrados pueden ver el contenido de este tema, mientras tanto puedes ver el primer y el último mensaje de cada página.

Regístrate gratuitamente aquí para poder ver los mensajes y participar en el foro. No utilizaremos tu email para fines comerciales.

Última edición:

Última edición:

Última edición:

Última edición:

Última edición:
http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/2015/04/22#l1429717934.0

15:40 gavinandresen It is all a question of priorities: time spent fixing bufferbloat for home users is time not spent doing something else
15:40 wumpus for wallets there is a difference between enterprise needs an dhome user needs, not for infrastructure nodes
15:40 sipa you don't have to work on that if you do not think it is important
15:40 sipa having different priorities is fine, i think
15:41 sipa i think home hobbyists are important, because the code should be able to run for them
15:42 wumpus natural even, in an open source project everyone always has their own priorities
15:42 sipa if we fork, they may get less attention
15:42 gavinandresen mmm. Until the priority is “support more tras*actions per second”. That is DEFINITELY a priority for every single large bitcoin business I’ve spoken with.
15:42 sipa yeah
15:42 sipa it's not about support
15:42 wumpus well once the consensus library is 'complete' (for whatever that means), you could use that in any node project
15:42 sipa we can support 100x more tras*actions
15:43 sipa the question is at what cost
15:43 gavinandresen the question is “are the benefits worth the cost"
15:43 wumpus if you want to make a bitcoin-core-for-professionals you could evven start from scratch and write one, as long as you use the same consensus module
15:43 sipa this is not scaling up a web 2.0 project where you increase traffic when you have a larger cluster
15:43 gavinandresen … or “are the costs of not doing it too great"
15:44 sipa sorry, going to leave this discussion for my own sanity
15:44 gavinandresen sipa seems grumpy…..
15:45 hearn it's dragged on for far too long
15:45 gavinandresen I agree.
15:46 wumpus no use in repeating the same disscussion with the same arguments time after time, we just can't agree on this
15:47 hearn this is the point where in any other project, the leader/maintainer makes a final decision and then it either results in a fork or doesn't. anyway, time to go home
15:49 wumpus normally, yes, except that a fork on this would fork the chain too, and result in a catastrophe
15:50 gavinandresen wumpus: no, it won’t. I can get the big exchanges and merchants to run bigger-max-block code.
15:51 gavinandresen And I can certainly convince enough hashing power that the rest of the miners would have to go along.
15:51 wumpus yes, you could, but it would be kind of pointless if the rest of the network rejects those blocks
15:51 gavinandresen what do you miccionan “rest of network” ? SPV nodes don’t care....
15:52 wumpus the nodes running either an old version or the other fork
15:52 gavinandresen If merchants and miners and exchanges go along, then who else matters?
15:52 helo everyone else
15:52 sturles Users.
15:52 gavinandresen Those nodes will get automatic alerts telling them it is time to upgrade.
15:52 gavinandresen … we don’t even have to break out the alert key....
15:52 helo i would love to warm up my old miners if all of the big miners start mining invalid blocks
15:54 jeremyrubin helo: why not go so far as to switch to a different hash ;)
15:56 sturles ACTION thinks pluggable sidechains would be a more flexible and scalable and future proof way of solving the block size problem.
15:57 helo i think everyone hopes it will be... there's just that small matter of it being released
15:57 sturles Yep. Not ready today, of course.
16:25 gavinandresen wumpus: I downloaded and installed and am running 0.10.1rc3 on my mac, no issues.
16:26 wumpus gavinandresen: good to hear
18:55 petertodd gavinandresen: fwiw much of the financial world is *not* on board with a blocksize increase based on the discussions I've had; don't assume you have the consensus you think you do
18:55 petertodd gavinandresen: there's very big worries among them that they'll open up bitcoin to regulation for obvious reasons
18:57 petertodd gavinandresen: equally, that crowd understand very well that linear scaling increases do nothing in the face of exponential demand increases

Estado
No está abierto para más respuestas.
Volver