Otro marine USA se queda sin batería en Ucrania

RazingerZ

Madmaxista
Desde
19 Ene 2023
Irishman killed fighting in Ukraine a former US marine who fought in Iraq (irishexaminer.com)

NINTCHDBPICT000865843575.jpg

Mr Dale, who previously enlisted in the US Marines after 9/11, was killed last Friday and his remains are in the process of being repatriated back to Ireland.

A friend said in a social media post: “It is with a heavy heart that I share the passing of my dear friend, Graham Dale.

“If you knew Graham, you might already be aware that when the conflict in Ukraine began, he flew over to offer his assistance.

“Currently, I lack further details, but he left this earth exactly the way he wanted to."

The friend added: “He was sweet, kind, had a rough exterior, funny, hard to love at times, loyal, stubborn, curious, strong-willed, gentleman, explorer.

He was the one that couldn't ask for help for himself, so he searched for ways to aid others.

When he was 20, Mr Dale secured a green card and moved to Austin, Texas, in 2000, where he worked as a software consultant with IBM and served as a volunteer fireman with the Texas Fire Department.

He would later say in interviews in 2008 to promote his book The Green Marine, that 9/11 was “the catalyst” behind his decision to join the Marines.

He said: "I'm a very reactive person. I take things personally.

“Even when I was a child, if one kid was hitting another kid I felt a jovenlandesal duty to say 'stop that'.

“I really never subscribed to the idea that it's someone else's job to look after things."

While serving his one tour of duty in Iraq, in January 2005, he suffered post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) after one of his friends was killed when his platoon was hit by a suicide bomber.

He later recalled: "When my friend got killed that was the hardest."

When he left the Marines after six years, he bought a house in the US and lived in “one of those anonymous suburbs with a white picket fence and a porch”.

Mr Dale is one of a number of Irishmen to die fighting in Ukraine.

They include Mayo man Finbar Cafferkey, from Achill Island, who died in April this year.

Solo los usuarios registrados pueden ver el contenido de este tema, mientras tanto puedes ver el primer y el último mensaje de cada página.

Regístrate gratuitamente aquí para poder ver los mensajes y participar en el foro. No utilizaremos tu email para fines comerciales.

Únete al mayor foro de economía de España

Solo los usuarios registrados pueden ver el contenido de este tema, mientras tanto puedes ver el primer y el último mensaje de cada página.

Regístrate gratuitamente aquí para poder ver los mensajes y participar en el foro. No utilizaremos tu email para fines comerciales.

DEP

Ha muerto haciendo lo que le gustaba y defendiendo una causa noble que más se puede pedir

Volver